The maintenance of the excavator is not in place, which directly affects the service life of the machine. The air filter element is like a checkpoint for the air to enter the excavator engine. It will filter out impurities and particles to ensure the normal operation of the engine. What are the precautions when cleaning and replacing the excavator air filter element?
Before servicing the air filter element, you must first shut down the engine and ensure that the safety lever is placed in the locked position. If the engine is replaced and cleaned while it is running, dust will enter the engine.
Precautions for cleaning the air filter element of the excavator:
1. When cleaning the air filter element, remember not to use a screwdriver or other tools to remove the air filter housing cover or outer filter element.
2. Do not disassemble the inner filter element during cleaning, otherwise dust will enter and cause problems with the engine.
3. When cleaning the air filter element, do not knock or tap the filter element with anything, and do not leave the air filter element open for a long time during cleaning.
4. After cleaning, it is necessary to confirm the use condition of the filter material, gasket or rubber sealing part of the filter element. If it is damaged, it cannot be used.
5. After cleaning the filter element, when checking with a lamp, if there are small holes or thin parts on the filter element, the filter element needs to be replaced.
6. Every time the filter element is cleaned, remove the cleaning times mark from the outer cover of the air filter assembly.
Precautions when replacing the air filter element of the excavator:
When the filter element of the excavator has been cleaned 6 times, the rubber seal or the filter material is damaged, etc., the air filter element needs to be replaced in time. The following points should be paid attention to when replacing it.
1. Remember that when replacing the outer filter element, the inner filter element should also be replaced at the same time.
2. Do not use damaged gaskets and filter elements with damaged filter materials or rubber seals.
3. Counterfeit filter elements cannot be used, because the filtering effect and sealing performance are relatively poor, and the dust will damage the engine after entering.
4. When the inner filter element is sealed or the filter material is damaged or deformed, replace with new parts.
5. It is necessary to check whether the sealing part of the new filter element adheres to dust or oil stains, if any, it needs to be cleaned.
6. When inserting the filter element, if the rubber at the end swells, or the outer filter element is not pushed in the correct position, and force the cover to the buckle, there will be a risk of damaging the cover or the filter housing.